Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Clarkson 2017-2018 Women's Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Boston Boy View Post
    Yes, Having same problem
    First two minutes came through fine, so I know the game started.

I am too. Cannot get the video to load.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

Live stats are online. Video still isn't. Might need to let WCKN know to reset the stream. Also saw on Twitter no announcers this weekend (all out of town or otherwise busy, apparently).

Live stats seems to be up. Still no video stream. 0-0 at 15:19 of the first

1-0 QPac at 15:49

Stream just came back.

At the end of 1: Quinnipiac 1, Clarkson 0, Boxcast -1000

Video looks like its back now that the first period is over.

Definitely a Boxcast issue. Just checked saintsathletics.com and they had the same problem.

Quinnipiac 3 Clarkson 2 OT

2nd OT loss of the season that never should have gone to OT.

Tech gets a questionable Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in period 3 that gets Quinny a PP opportunity and they score on it. I have never seen Matt Desrochers as mad as he was during that sequence. In OT Quinny gets the puck immediately down into our end and scores on a rebound in the first 25 sec.
    Last edited by vicb; 11-17-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Vicb

Tell me if you've heard this one: Clarkson terminates power-plays early with penalties of their own and take late penalties to cost them the game. That was the story again tonight, as Clarkson took a game where they outplayed their opponent for most of the game but gave the game away through penalties. Tonight was especially egregious as the penalty in question was an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I thought it was Gabel, who took the costly penalty against Colgate, watching the game, but the stat sheet says Pejzlova. Regardless of who it was, they're top-liners. They can't do that. These discipline issues are becoming a real issue for this team. In all three of Clarkson's losses this year, they've taken a late penalty that ultimately cost them the game. Clarkson took four losses last year, all against eventual NCAA Tournament teams. I don't think Quinnipiac or Vermont will be making the NCAA tournament without an auto-bid. Oh well, have to move onto Princeton tomorrow. Until then…Let's Go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra88 View Post
    Tell me if you've heard this one: Clarkson terminates power-plays early with penalties of their own and take late penalties to cost them the game. That was the story again tonight, as Clarkson took a game where they outplayed their opponent for most of the game but gave the game away through penalties. Tonight was especially egregious as the penalty in question was an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I thought it was Gabel, who took the costly penalty against Colgate, watching the game, but the stat sheet says Pejzlova. Regardless of who it was, they're top-liners. They can't do that. These discipline issues are becoming a real issue for this team. In all three of Clarkson's losses this year, they've taken a late penalty that ultimately cost them the game. Clarkson took four losses last year, all against eventual NCAA Tournament teams. I don't think Quinnipiac or Vermont will be making the NCAA tournament without an auto-bid. Oh well, have to move onto Princeton tomorrow. Until then…Let's Go Tech!
    It was Pezjlova that served the penalty. And yep, penalties cost this team once again.
    Vicb

Clarkson 4 Princeton 0

WHOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOO

Nice bounce back win today but still not the greatest. Come out and dominate the first period, get 2 goals play smart, shots are 16 to 4 tech. 2nd period, penalty after penalty around the 10 min mark. Unbelieveable the undisciplined penalties they took. Managed to kill all including a 5 on 3. Lucky the score was not tied after 2. Shots 16 to 7 Prinny. Third period, Princeton comes out and puts a lot of pressure on the team and then the dagger, a wrist shot by Megan Hector from the top of the faceoff circle along the ice beats Neatby 5 hole and that was it. It was Hectors first as a Knight. Princeton was done. Turnquist gets the 4th goal and Neatby is done. Game over.

THE GOOD
    Goals by McGill, Pejzlova, Hector and Turnquist
    Tiley ups her Clarkson shutout record stops 29 of 29
    PK was 4 for 4

THE NOT SO GOOD
    Period 2 and the penalties.
    Last knights loss to Quinnipiac
    Vicb

A much better game out of Clarkson today, although that is not surprising since this team has been nearly invincible on Saturdays. The Golden Knights were sloppy with penalties with in the second, but Tiley and the PK were spectacular and blanked Princeton, en route to Tiley's 91st win, establishing as her the winningest goaltender in program history. Offensively, Clarkson also clicked better today and they did not lean on their first line for most of their scoring. A very interesting dichotomy has emerged with this team as they look like world-beaters on Saturdays but play .500 hockey on Fridays. I trust that the Golden Knights will figure this out eventually as they have frequently had an off month over the past five seasons where they pick up about half of their regular season losses. Fortunately for Clarkson, they won't have to worry about their Friday issues next time out as, after getting a break over Thanksgiving weekend, the Golden Knights have a Thursday/Saturday home-and-home with SLU. It will be a big weekend, as SLU remains ranked and will be hungry for revenge after the non-conference series. Until then…Let's Go Tech!

The loss didn't affect the USCHO poll, we stayed #4. Colgate up to #2, SLU and Cornell unchanged at #7 and #8.

@HC_Women: UPDATE | Two players (Erin Ambrose, Amy Potomak) have been released from Canada’s National Women’s Team centralization roster. http://bit.ly/2zmQRfz

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    CCT '77 & '78