Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 176

Thread: Clarkson 2017-2018 Women's Hockey

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra88 View Post
    Gary Mikel replied to my email about fixing the third period of the NCAA Championship Game video over a week ago saying he would try to fix it, but it has not yet been fixed. Does anyone else want to write and ask him (I don't want it to seem like I'm nagging him), or am I the only one bothered by the cropping issue and it's really not a big deal?
    Not a big deal to me.
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    351
    Congratulations to Cayley Mercer on being drafted by the CWHL.

    http://www.clarksonathletics.com/new...y-china-s.aspx

    Now for me to express confusion: why did the CWHL seriously think adding a team in China was a good idea? Remember, this is a league that does not pay its players, yet apparently putting entire hockey teams on 11-hour flights multiple times a year is something it can afford when the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA have decided intercontinental expansion is a bad idea. Most likely Mercer wanted to play in China, since players get to choose which team they want to play for before the draft to make sure that they end up somewhere they have employment, but the expansion seems dubious from a league perspective.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra88 View Post
    Congratulations to Cayley Mercer on being drafted by the CWHL.

    http://www.clarksonathletics.com/new...y-china-s.aspx

    Now for me to express confusion: why did the CWHL seriously think adding a team in China was a good idea? Remember, this is a league that does not pay its players, yet apparently putting entire hockey teams on 11-hour flights multiple times a year is something it can afford when the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA have decided intercontinental expansion is a bad idea. Most likely Mercer wanted to play in China, since players get to choose which team they want to play for before the draft to make sure that they end up somewhere they have employment, but the expansion seems dubious from a league perspective.
    It is what it is. Fantastic that Cayley will get to continue to play the game she obviously loves and get to see the world. Hope she will be back in Potsdam for the Banner raising. Gonna cost the school a few more dinero to bring her back from where ever in China she will be.
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Hope she will be back in Potsdam for the Banner raising. Gonna cost the school a few more dinero to bring her back from where ever in China she will be.
    Team is based in the city built across from Hong Kong on the mainland.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South of Vic
    Posts
    1,638
    Welcome back Doctor Captain Kimberly McKenney!!!!!

    http://northcountrynow.com/business/...doctor-0206245

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    CCT '77 & '78

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    Read about former Knight Erin Ambrose

    https://www.theicegarden.com/2017/9/...son-university

    Be sure to look at the Twitter exchange between Erin and Renata Fast.
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    Women's Hockey Roster is also on the Clarkson Athletics site.
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    351
    The first USCHO rankings of the season are out. Clarkson is the preseason #1!

    http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra88 View Post
    The first USCHO rankings of the season are out. Clarkson is the preseason #1!

    http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/
    Well now they really have the proverbial target on the back.

    Gonna be interesting to see who can make up for the loss of Mercer and Bannon.
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    We're #1 We're #1 (in the ECAC Preseason Poll and in the country in USCHO poll)

    http://www.uscho.com/2017/09/19/clar...reseason-poll/

    Ella Shelton and Savannah Harmon make the ECAC Preseason All League Team.
    Neatby beats out Tiley for the All League Goalie spot.
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    Nice article on former Knight Cayley Mercer.

    https://www.theicegarden.com/2017/9/...golden-knights
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    351
    I noticed in the conference rankings article that Joe Marsh will be the interim coach for Dartmouth this year. I wonder what it will be like for Matt and Tony to face their former coach, particularly given the expected skill gap between Dartmouth and Clarkson.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Got the whistle all primed and ready. IT'S GAME DAY

    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    3,592
    Is anyone getting the game to come on. All I get is a black screen. And the chat room is dead.
    Vicb

    Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

Similar Threads

  1. 2017-2018 Clarkson Men's Hockey
    By cutothefrozen4 in forum General Conversation
    Replies: 182
    Last Post: Today, 10:05 PM
  2. 2016-2017 Clarkson Women
    By vicb in forum General Conversation
    Replies: 365
    Last Post: 06-02-2017, 12:16 PM
  3. 2016-2017 Clarkson Men's Hockey
    By daredevilcu in forum General Conversation
    Replies: 353
    Last Post: 03-27-2017, 04:23 PM
  4. Clarkson Women's Hockey
    By SpongeRob in forum General Conversation
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •