Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by FireKnight View Post
    Morris and Crybaby Hayton are both strong personalities. I could see them not getting along.
    Yes but I do suspect there will be some push back from Morris and SLU in trying to block the move but after all of this I doubt Hayton would stay.

2013 Pick to Click Champion

Jake is keeping in sharp shape this summer.

https://www.russianmachineneverbreak...summer-league/
    CCT '77 & '78

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Jake is keeping in sharp shape this summer.

https://www.russianmachineneverbreak...summer-league/
    I would be very interested in seeing the GAA and Save % of the goalies in this league. 30 min half's. I would have thought that they might cut down on the time to say two 20 min halves.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

Quote Originally Posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
    Yes but I do suspect there will be some push back from Morris and SLU in trying to block the move but after all of this I doubt Hayton would stay.
    "... push back from Morris ..." Isn't that why Clarkson fired him??

Quote Originally Posted by dave techer View Post
    "... push back from Morris ..." Isn't that why Clarkson fired him??
    Just in terms of tampering potentially, Hayton doesn't even graduate until August and this is already public? Some SLU fans say he's been disgruntled awhile and would've transferred last season but he would've had to sit out a year then, now he can just can find a program that SLU doesn't offer and then transfer to that school after he graduates at the end of the summer.

It sure is exciting to see all of our representation at NHL summer camps, you can also add Schneider to the list as he is at the Maple Leafs camp, it will be interesting to see when the coaches poll comes out to see where we are picked, I know it doesn't mean anything but I for one think we are destined to be a top 4 lock but that has become such a tough thing to achieve for this program as of late, I do think last years class takes a huge step and the 2 new additions with Astren and McCarthy will add to our depth and will help absorb the loss of de Haas a little bit.

Just judging from the quotes that were made about the newcomers you will see Campoli and Charysyzn in the lineup quite regularly from day one, I think both will help the special teams quite a bit, wouldn't be shocked to see Charyszyn as a PK guy and a net front guy on then PP and then I think Campoli finds a PP spot as the season progresses if not right away. Cooper and MacLean will both get shots to impress on the bottom lines and will add good competition to the lineup up front.

Brosseau - Sturm - Rempal
    Jokiharju - Campoli - Egle
    Charyszyn - Gervais - Pierog
    Dickinson/Quince - Dalpe/MacLean - Cooper/Gareau

Amorosa - Summers
    Thow - Astren
    Karjalainen/Kuzmeski/Schneider - McCarthy/Moro

Kielly - Latinovich - TBD (Euro walk-on?)

Will be interesting to see the young guys going up against the talent we will be facing the first 8 games, the line combos will obviously change to see how they mix and match but if the Brosseau - Sturm - Rempal line can stay together from last season and a true 2nd line comes about that can produce around 20-25 points and consistently put pressure on teams defensive units night in night out, it wouldn't shock me if guys like Gervais and Pierog even take a huge step with their point production. Amorosa and Summers staying healthy will be key, I do think Astren will really impress and have heard nothing but good things with his progress.

I want to see a 50 point scorer. We haven't had one since Todd White.
    Last edited by joecct; 07-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78

I want to see an ECAC Regular Season , Post Season and NC$$ Championship. We haven't had one since ..............................................the 2016-17 Women.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

I think Brosseau and Rempal have that potential as upperclassmen but a nice 40 point year could be within reach in my opinion. I want to see what Rempal is listed as weight wise when the roster comes out, I noticed at Washington camp they just took last years 5'10, 154 lbs from his Clarkson profile, the 2nd lightest at that camp was 170, I hope from a full year under his belt and the offseason training that he has gotten up to at least 165.

Quote Originally Posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
    I think Brosseau and Rempal have that potential as upperclassmen but a nice 40 point year could be within reach in my opinion. I want to see what Rempal is listed as weight wise when the roster comes out, I noticed at Washington camp they just took last years 5'10, 154 lbs from his Clarkson profile, the 2nd lightest at that camp was 170, I hope from a full year under his belt and the offseason training that he has gotten up to at least 165.
    5'10" is a stretch too. I don't think he's taller than our old 5'9" line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVhAkx1BTlI - Thanks to Cap for the offseason coverage.

couldn't get sound to work

Sound

Did you click on the microphone symbol in the bottom left corner to make sure mute was off ?

Goodbye To "Mo"

Clarkson's men's hockey Head Trainer, Morgan Collins, or as those close to the program know her - as "Mo", has decided to change jobs this summer. She has left CU for the Green and Gold of the University of Vermont. My contact did not provide what sports she will be working with up at UVM, but she's been working on the Clarkson men's hockey team and baseball team for at least five years now. I'm sure that a replacement will be brought in or another in the program moved into the men's hockey program position, but he/she will have tough shoes to fill.

All the best to you Mo and thanks for keeping the boys on the ice!