Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by dave techer View Post
    Do they still have the skating pep band that performs after the game?
    Sometimes, Clarkson's is the only pep band that shows up at Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra88 View Post
    Sometimes, Clarkson's is the only pep band that shows up at Brown.
    The Brown Band doesn't play hockey games in the fall semester. They focus on the football team. They'll be skating again in the spring.

Lots of upsets early in this ECAC season. Tonight, RPI takes down QU after the Bobkittens had a 2 goal lead. Also, Colgate, with only 3 forward lines, takes out Harvard at Bright. Are the Crimson overrated or are the suffering effects of not having the preseason due to Ivy League rules?

Over rated Clarkson

It wouldn't be the 1st time a team is rated past performance (we're warned about that with investments). They were rated very high or several weeks without having played a game.

Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    It wouldn't be the 1st time a team is rated past performance (we're warned about that with investments). They were rated very high or several weeks without having played a game.
    Hope you are talking about Hahvad.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Some quotes from Brown's Head Coach Whittet

https://rinksiderhodeisland.com/2017/11/11/2587/
    2013 Pick to Click Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Some quotes from Brown's Head Coach Whittet

https://rinksiderhodeisland.com/2017/11/11/2587/
    “They’re probably the best team in our league, quite honestly, and they’re a possession-driven team. They’re a team that plays fast, so for us to be able to have the puck as much as we did, to out-attempt them after that first period, we did a lot of good things. We have to find a way to build on that,” said Whittet.

^^^ Well, they're starting the curses early I see.

Brown was impressive, they have some guys that came in as young freshmen that are playing pretty well as upperclassmen and then a few younger guys that should be good 4 year guys, Nieto didn't look that great so that's one thing they should be concerned about. With the lack of support from the administration/students/local crowd Whittet does a decent job bringing in guys with a lot of potential and a lot of that is because he's young and enthusiastic so I really hope they give him time to continue his progress as I can't think of a coach that would be successful at that program.

Clarkson over Yale 4-1!!!! Let's Go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
    Brown was impressive, they have some guys that came in as young freshmen that are playing pretty well as upperclassmen and then a few younger guys that should be good 4 year guys, Nieto didn't look that great so that's one thing they should be concerned about. With the lack of support from the administration/students/local crowd Whittet does a decent job bringing in guys with a lot of potential and a lot of that is because he's young and enthusiastic so I really hope they give him time to continue his progress as I can't think of a coach that would be successful at that program.
    If he can make Brown an above .500 team, he will have better programs knocking down his door.

Enough about Brown though, our boys are 4-0 in conference and will likely crack the top 10 again this week!!!

Best start to league play since 95-96, this team has something we haven't seen in awhile and while the upperclassmen are great our young guys are noticeable on the scoresheet. Rempal could be up for being one of the Hobey Finalists this year IMO he's been that noticeable in every game, I can't even remember the last time we've had one of those?

Over rated

Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    I was Vic. I should have left the quote in the comment.

Colgate Cornell

This is a huge ECAC weekend coming in Central, NY with Clarkson playing @ Colgate on Friday and @ Cornell on Saturday Night. All 3 teams are unbeaten in ECAC play. This will be a good test to see where we match up against the better teams in the league. Clarkson needs to make sure they don"t look past the Friday night game with Colgate. Their goalie has been playing lights out and so has Kielly. It should be a good match up for both teams. The Clarkson Cornell game could be (I think) one of the best matchups in Nation Saturday Night. I have this feeling that come tomorrow Cornell will be ranked #1 in both polls (At least #2). That will depend how the voters feel about Denver.

Clarkson is up to #8 in the USCHO.com poll. Cornell has jumped up to #6 on the back of four first-place votes, while Colgate sits at #19. If Clarkson can finally get over the hump in central New York this week, they'll be the favorite in the ECAC and likely in the top 5 nationally.

November 14, 2017 10:40 AM

Congratulations to the Golden Knights and everyone associated with Clarkson hockey for their absolutely impressive performance so far this season. Their amazing overall record is 8 wins, 3 losses, and 1 tie. Even more amazing is their ECAC record of four consecutive victories! The Golden Knights are tied for second place in the ECAC with Cornell and Colgate is in fourth place losing just one of its first four ECAC games. As Union has played two more games than these three other teams, they are in first place, with one loss to guess who? The Golden Knights!

USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Men's College Hockey Poll lists Cornell College (which is actually a university) in fifth place and Clarkson University in seventh place, and Colgate in nineteenth place. For some reason, Union was among the unmentionables, but that's okay.

USCHO lists Cornell in sixth place and Clarkson in eighth place.

This coming weekend at Colgate and at Cornell should provide hockey fans with some great hockey entertainment. Has anyone actually been inside the new rink?

The thing I love about our Golden Knights is that adversity inspires them to play harder and score more goals. It is apparent the players believe in their own ability and perseverance to overcome their opposition.

We have been in the old Starr Rink at Colgate. It is our understanding the new skating rink is an impressive architectural improvement. Best of luck to the Golden Knights as they strive to retain their ECAC unbeaten streak.

OUR KNIGHTS ARE AWESOME, AND THEN SOME