Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 2016-2017 Clarkson Women

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra88 View Post
    Because she needed another honor: Mercer has been named USCHO.com Player of the Year. That makes sense since USCHO takes postseason into account. Congratulations to Mercer and stay tuned for the rest of USCHO's awards.

http://www.uscho.com/2017/03/21/cayl...r-of-the-year/

Also: 80+98=178 not 188
    Congrats to Cayley. Well deserved. I can't wait to hear the whining from some of the Wisco fans on USCHO.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Walker View Post
    Very happy for the Lady Golden Knights. Well deserved and it clearly shows that Matt is one awesome coach and has his program in the right direction with momentum.

Not so happy with the NCAA who determined the Most Outstanding Player Award - our whomever did that voting. Perhaps they were paying back for the Patty K. award, but Shea Tiley should have been the Most Outstanding Player. To play two games in a less than neutral site against that buck-toothed gopher squad and stop 28 of 31, and then face the all-year long #1 team from Bucky-land, coached by the most excellent coach in all hockey, and stop all 41 shots....how in the heck doesn't that earn you the Most Outstanding player award?

No disrespect to Cayley here....but if you've never stopped 41 saves with no goals, you just do not know how hard that is to do. To do that in the most important game of the year and of your life, just wow.

I didn't see the game, though, as I was watching our Golden Knight mascot get a little tan and a little dirty down in Florida (just in case anyone was wondering why the Golden Knight wasn't there at the game...unless there was a fill-in).
    Not only did Tiley not win the MOP Award, she was not even the goalie on the All Tournament Team. That slot went to Desbiens.

Not sure how many of u go to USCHO and read the thread I started: NC$$ Title: Clarkson vs Wisconsin but there was a lot of debate back and forth about Tiley and her performance that started with post #81 from a guy Blackbeard.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...isconsin/page3
    Vicb

Party / celebration

Is there any event planned like there was in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill'70 View Post
    Is there any event planned like there was in 2014?
    The latest alumni news letter from Theresa Planty had the following

Many students, including the Frozen Four victors, are away from campus on Spring Break so the official celebration will take place on Tuesday, March 28, at 5:15 p.m. (doors will open at 4:30 pm) in Cheel Arena. Can't make it to the party? You can still participate by sending a special message and it will be shared with the team on Tuesday!
    Vicb

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Walker View Post
    Very happy for the Lady Golden Knights. Well deserved and it clearly shows that Matt is one awesome coach and has his program in the right direction with momentum.

Not so happy with the NCAA who determined the Most Outstanding Player Award - our whomever did that voting. Perhaps they were paying back for the Patty K. award, but Shea Tiley should have been the Most Outstanding Player. To play two games in a less than neutral site against that buck-toothed gopher squad and stop 28 of 31, and then face the all-year long #1 team from Bucky-land, coached by the most excellent coach in all hockey, and stop all 41 shots....how in the heck doesn't that earn you the Most Outstanding player award?

No disrespect to Cayley here....but if you've never stopped 41 saves with no goals, you just do not know how hard that is to do. To do that in the most important game of the year and of your life, just wow.

I didn't see the game, though, as I was watching our Golden Knight mascot get a little tan and a little dirty down in Florida (just in case anyone was wondering why the Golden Knight wasn't there at the game...unless there was a fill-in).
    If you have BTN2Go, the game is still there. Your cable system has to carry the Big Ten Network. If not, PM me for an ID and password.
    CCT '77 & '78

Clarkson is #1 in the final uscho poll, getting all 15 first place votes. At least some numbskull didn't vote for Wisconsin as #1.

Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Not only did Tiley not win the MOP Award, she was not even the goalie on the All Tournament Team. That slot went to Desbiens.

Not sure how many of u go to USCHO and read the thread I started: NC$$ Title: Clarkson vs Wisconsin but there was a lot of debate back and forth about Tiley and her performance that started with post #81 from a guy Blackbeard.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...isconsin/page3
    I read through it.

Blackbeard is generally right - Tiley was tested for endurance and positioning, but she was not tested on athleticism much. She didn't have to many many (any?) truly spectacular saves, and the ones she did have to make were -barely- made, such as Nurse's SH breakaway. Barely is just as good as spectacularly though, so who cares?

I think unquestionably ARD was called on to make far tougher and spectacular saves, as Clarkson's chances in the second half of the game may have been few, but the ones they got were all grade A. Multiple times ARD made saves that I wouldn't have expected and she kept Wisconsin in a game that could have gotten out of hand. I don't mind Tiley not getting goaltender of the weekend. She gave up 3 goals in 2 games, ARD gave up 2 goals in 2 games. Tiley had 2 wins and more saves, but they were all fairly routine and I personally didn't think she looked particularly great either game, which speaks to her rock solid positioning.

5 Knights make it on the All USCHO Womens Div 1 Teams. Congrats

http://www.uscho.com/2017/03/24/clar...ens-d-i-teams/
    Vicb

Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    5 Knights make it on the All USCHO Womens Div 1 Teams. Congrats

http://www.uscho.com/2017/03/24/clar...ens-d-i-teams/
    Great accomplishment for the ladies. I understand that the victors get the spoils, but Bannon on the second team and Nurse and Potomak on the 3rd team really seems off to me.