Announcement

Collapse

Forum software updated

Given that it's Super Bowl Sunday (yeah yeah, NFL, sue me :P ), I figured it'd be a good time to update the vBulletin software to the next major version, which I haven't done in nearly nine years (!) I was using a third-party plugin to handle spam protection before, but the latest version of vBulletin has its own equivalent protection that I hope will end the random moderation problems that folks have been pinging me about.

Give me a yell via email or PM if something's broken or out of place. I know the software upgrade broke the chat room (and the link) but I'm hoping to fix both fairly soon, but no later than the next Clarkson game.

-Scott
See more
See less

Tech vs Corenll & Colgate in Potsdam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    When you dominate a team and still come out with a 4-4 tie, that's not a good sign for your team. If not for them starting their backup goaltender, we probably wouldn't have even had that.

    It's not the flu anymore, it's the same old thing we've seen many times with Casey. His teams don't make adjustments through the season. We should dominate every team in the ECAC not named Harvard, Cornell, and Princeton. After a spirited game against Cornell, we came out lazy against Colgate. We hear a lot about how Casey wants 200 foot players. We also know that with our defense, we need players that will have defensive awareness.

    If we have a second round matchup against Princeton, we are toast. They have stabilized with the freshman in goal and they have the strong leadership of a talented senior class that will be a strong challenge to any team at the top of the standings. We have more talent than all the other teams in the middle 4 or 5 but Vaughn, Gaudet, Pecknold, and Allain will all out coach Casey and that may be enough to leave us on the outside looking in.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
      When you dominate a team and still come out with a 4-4 tie, that's not a good sign for your team. If not for them starting their backup goaltender, we probably wouldn't have even had that.

      It's not the flu anymore, it's the same old thing we've seen many times with Casey. His teams don't make adjustments through the season. We should dominate every team in the ECAC not named Harvard, Cornell, and Princeton. After a spirited game against Cornell, we came out lazy against Colgate. We hear a lot about how Casey wants 200 foot players. We also know that with our defense, we need players that will have defensive awareness.

      If we have a second round matchup against Princeton, we are toast. They have stabilized with the freshman in goal and they have the strong leadership of a talented senior class that will be a strong challenge to any team at the top of the standings. We have more talent than all the other teams in the middle 4 or 5 but Vaughn, Gaudet, Pecknold, and Allain will all out coach Casey and that may be enough to leave us on the outside looking in.
      Casey may or may not be a good coach, he obviously isn't telling the guys to mess up and blow the leads, they're making continuous mental lapses and one would think fatigue is a big part of that. Our defense is weak, that starts with average recruiting, Karjalainen, Kuzmeski, McCarthy, Schneider are all guys that I think would struggle to crack any lineup of the nations elite teams, I think they all have great qualities but they have plenty of weaknesses as well and on this level you have to be a complete player. Regardless of this bad stretch the staff has proved to a lot of top Canadian kids and highly regarded USHL talent that we can become a program that can become consistent and our staff will develop you, the renovations are only going to help as we will always be playing catch up to the big schools. At this point the book still could be out on Casey but program stability is something that's needed in this current age and he's brought that, he should still be rewarded with an extension, we can't go through another rebuild with top tier recruits on the way. If we don't win by the time this current sophomore class become seniors then it'd probably be time to accept we aren't going to show signs of improvement, especially in critical moments.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

        Casey may or may not be a good coach, he obviously isn't telling the guys to mess up and blow the leads, ........ At this point the book still could be out on Casey but program stability is something that's needed in this current age and he's brought that, he should still be rewarded with an extension, .........s.
        Totally agree and the school should do everything it can to make Josh Hauge want to stay because I believe he has had a lot to do with the improvement seen in the recruiting of the last 2 classes and the incoming class next fall.

        Vicb

        Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
        If Union can do it, why can't CCT

        Comment


        • #34
          Agreed - Hauge needs to stay. I remember in the first few years thinking Casey was an excellent in-game coach. I don't know what happened to that, but this team is good and plays great when they stick to the systems and avoid dumb mistakes. When they get complacent they look terrible.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

            At this point the book still could be out on Casey but program stability is something that's needed in this current age and he's brought that, he should still be rewarded with an extension, we can't go through another rebuild with top tier recruits on the way. If we don't win by the time this current sophomore class become seniors then it'd probably be time to accept we aren't going to show signs of improvement, especially in critical moments.
            My 2 cents on Casey is that we've now seen how he handles the team in one of three key situations: high ranking (not so good, 1-3-4 record since being ranked #2/3), ECAC semifinals (not been there yet), NCAA tournament (not there yet either, and currently dropping out of contention). Until we see how this season plays out, I wouldn't automatically give him two more years at the helm, especially if Josh is ready to move up. Keeping Casey should not be priority 1, but not losing Josh to a head coaching job should.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dave techer View Post

              My 2 cents on Casey is that we've now seen how he handles the team in one of three key situations: high ranking (not so good, 1-3-4 record since being ranked #2/3), ECAC semifinals (not been there yet), NCAA tournament (not there yet either, and currently dropping out of contention). Until we see how this season plays out, I wouldn't automatically give him two more years at the helm, especially if Josh is ready to move up. Keeping Casey should not be priority 1, but not losing Josh to a head coaching job should.
              Just wondering thoughts on Mark Morris? he lost plenty of "big games" to lower seeds in NCAA....Also on Josh, so leap frog Phil? ....Also no "pass" to Jones on injury/sickness? plus how many of this years freshman and next year class were verbal prior to Josh joining. Not disagreeing but just wondering your take and 2 cents. Not saying your points are not valid, but what is good for goose is good for gander.

              Comment

              Working...
              X