Announcement

Collapse

Forum software updated

Given that it's Super Bowl Sunday (yeah yeah, NFL, sue me :P ), I figured it'd be a good time to update the vBulletin software to the next major version, which I haven't done in nearly nine years (!) I was using a third-party plugin to handle spam protection before, but the latest version of vBulletin has its own equivalent protection that I hope will end the random moderation problems that folks have been pinging me about.

Give me a yell via email or PM if something's broken or out of place. I know the software upgrade broke the chat room (and the link) but I'm hoping to fix both fairly soon, but no later than the next Clarkson game.

-Scott
See more
See less

2017-2018 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeR View Post
    Serious question .

How does this team go from good to crap since the break.
    Maybe Clarkson was playing over it's head early in the year and the losing streak just normalized their record to the team that they really are, good but not great. Who knows. The next 2 games to me are critical. You do not want to go into the week break on an extended losing streak. They have to get 2 wins. Clarkson is 3-2-1 against the other 3 bye teams and they are playing the 2 teams that have a combined 2-11-1 record against the top 4. Unfortunately the 2 wins are against the knights. The team needs to play as a team and Kielly has to shake off whatever malaise that has effected his performance and play like the guy in the 2017 part of the schedule. You do not win in the post season with mediocre goaltending. The post season starts this weekend.

Vicb

Fan of the 2014 & 2017 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

Maybe Clarkson was playing over it's head early in the year and the losing streak just normalized their record to the team that they really are, good but not great. Who knows. The next 2 games to me are critical. You do not want to go into the week break on an extended losing streak. They have to get 2 wins. Clarkson is 3-2-1 against the other 3 bye teams and they are playing the 2 teams that have a combined 2-11-1 record against the top 4. Unfortunately the 2 wins are against the knights. The team needs to play as a team and Kielly has to shake off whatever malaise that has effected his performance and play like the guy in the 2017 part of the schedule. You do not win in the post season with mediocre goaltending. The post season starts this weekend.

They weren't as good as they looked in December and aren't as bad as they look in February. They have enough talent to compete with any non-NCHC team in the country. The question is now if the coaches can fix the problems on the ice and the at least perceived problems in the locker room in time to finish strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

They weren't as good as they looked in December and aren't as bad as they look in February. They have enough talent to compete with any non-NCHC team in the country. The question is now if the coaches can fix the problems on the ice and the at least perceived problems in the locker room in time to finish strong.
        I think this article, written a few day ago on CHN, supports what you're saying: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...,-Clarkson.php
        Last edited by Muskieman; 02-23-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• College Hockey News article clip (Posted by: Josh Seguin):

No Clear-cut favorite and early picks for the Tournament

Yah, Cornell has been good but does it have enough possession, get enough shots and have the experience to win in the tournament? Time will tell for the Big Red, I suppose. I personally think, if I had to pick a matchup for the Championship game, based on the how the matchups play out, it would be Clarkson and Harvard. Joe Meloni hit the nail on the head in his piece on Clarkson this week… Despite a 1-5-3 mark in its last nine games, the Golden Knights have been snake-bitten and they haven’t played bad hockey. The bounces just aren’t going their way. The possession is still there and the top-line, which has been really quiet, will wake up. It is not too late. In terms of Harvard, two words-Ryan Donato. The Crimson defense is also really good and so is Merrick Madsen.

Still picking Harvard to win it, so sue me everyone or just attack me on twitter at @JoshSeguin24 (honestly, I like it). The scoring has come around and with Donato back it should be fun.

Comment

Working...
          X